For this event we are teaming up with Child's Play, which is a charity that buys toys and games for children in hospitals/domestic violence shelters.
Here at Central Michigan, we have been trying our hardest to support a growing scene. Two years ago we had no established events, and now we have weeklies for multiple games and even ran a successful event, CMU Showdown, in late April last year.
C. M. U. Smash hopes to be a relatively large event for the Mid-Michigan scene, and all venue fee money will be going directly to charity!
Along with venue fee, we plan to run multiple side events for Smash 4 Melee, and PM in which all the money gathered will also go to charity.
*Side events will likely be $1 entry fee, with a potential non-cash prize for the winners. *
As it stands now, we plan on running: Melee Singles, Melee Doubles, Smash 4 Singles, PM Singles and PM Doubles (all $5 entry fee) .
Event Cap: 3
1200 S Franklin St, Mt Pleasant, MI 48858, USA
If you are coming off of US 127 go Mission > Left on Broomfield > Right on Washington > Right on Ottawa CT. > Right into LOT 56 > Pearce Hall will be across the Street (you should see the sign for the hall when turning onto OTTAWA
12pm: Venue Opens
1pm: Melee/PM Doubles Starts
3pm: Wave A Singles Starts (All Games)
5pm: Wave B Singles Starts (All Games)
6pm: Side events begin
7pm: Final Brackets
10pm: Brackets finish/ venue tear down.
Here are the rule sets:
Melee Singles Ruleset!
Melee Game Settings
Stocks: 4 stocks Time Limit: 8:00 minutes Melee Stagelist
Battlefield Yoshi’s Story Dream Land Final Destination Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick (Singles) Pokémon Stadium
•Players select characters •Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage ( players will rock paper scissors to decide who strikes first, then the other player will ban 2 stages, leaving the player who won RPS to select the starting stage between the last 2. The stage striking is 1/2/1 to decide which stage will be started with) •Players play the first game of the set •Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages* •Losing player of the preceding match counterpicks a stage •Winning player of the preceding match may change characters •Losing player of the preceding match may change characters •Players play the next game of the set •Repeat Steps 4 through 8 for all subsequent games
• Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. Meaning, you cannot counter pick to any stage you have previously won onProject M Singles Ruleset!
Sets: Best of 3, Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5
Smash 4 Singles Ruleset
Sets: Best of 3. Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals will be played Best of 3.
Stocks: 2 Stock Time Limit: 6 Minutes Customs: OFF Equipment: OFF Pause: OFF Miis: 1111 Moveset and Default Size ONLY Double Elimination
Legal Stage List
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Town and City
- Dreamland 64
- Duck Hunt
Matches will be played as follows.
First Game -
- Characters are selected first before the striking process.
- Stage Striking will be a 1-2-1 format. RPS will be used to determine who strikes first. The other player will then ban 2 stages. Finally, the first player will ban one of the 2 remaining stages.
Following Game -
- The Winner of the Previous Game will ban ONE stage from the list of Starters and Counterpicks.
- The Loser of the Previous Game may now choose any remaining stage from either list to play on.
- The Winner of the Previous Game must choose their character first. The Loser of the Previous Game may choose their character accordingly.
- You may NOT counterpick to a stage you have already won on in a set.
- In Case of match timeout, Sudden Death will NOT be played. The player with the most stocks remaining will win. In case of stocks being equal, the player with the least damage will win. If this is still tied, a 1 Stock, 3 Minute tiebreaker will be played.
- Suicide Clause - In the event of a suicide move ending the match, the results screen will determine the winner.
- Pausing - A player who pauses during a match for any reason, must forfeit their current stock.
MIPM Winter 2016 Ruleset 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer Items OFF and set to NONE Auto L-Cancel OFF Buffer OFF Friendly Fire ON Pause is set to hold. Pause may only be used while one player is on the recovery halo. Pausing in any other case results in the pauser losing a stock.
If the opponent loses a stock as a result of the pause, the pauser loses two stocks.
If the opponent loses the game as a result of the pause, the pauser instead loses the game.
Starters are Wario Land, Smashville, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Delfino’s Secret
Counterpicks are Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, and Dreamland
1 Ban is allotted to the winner of a game. The winner may not counterpick this stage later in the set.
Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect: you may not return to a stage you previously won on in the same set.
Match procedure is as follows:
- Port priority is decided, loser strikes first in 1-2-1 style.
- After game 1, the winner selects character
- The loser selects character. The loser may also counterpick ports.
- The winner bans one stage.
- The stage is selected by the loser.
- Sets outside of finals (WF, LF, GF) are best of 3, finals are best of 5 (at the TO’s discretion).
In the result of a time out, the match is decided by stock count, then by percentage.
If percentages are tied, a 3 minute, 1 stock tie-breaker is played on the same stage.
If sudden death is reach in another way, a 3 minute, 1 stock tie-breaker is played on the same stage.
If a suicide move (Ganoncide or Swallowcide) is performed and sudden death is reached, the initiator of the move is the winner
In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage.
If a glitch is used to initiate this intentionally, the initiator of the glitch will lose the set and may be DQ’d at the discretion of the TO.
Any rule may be overrided by the Gentleman’s clause, I.e. If both players consent to the override (within TO's discretion)
Prize information coming soon.....