Versus Gameplay's long-running tournament series, D-Town Beatdown is back for 2019. This one-day event takes place in Deep Ellum, Dallas TX, and will have 6 games: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Dragonball Fighter Z, Soul Calibur 6 and -BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. All games will be played on PS4. Schedule and more details to come.
Doors open at 11:00am
-$10 Venue online -$15 Venue at the door (11am to 12pm) -$5 spectators -$10 per game
2909 Taylor St, Dallas, TX 75226, USA
Prize pool split:
-1st 60% -2nd 30% -3rd 10%
- Street Fighter V
- Marvel Infinite
- Soul Calibur 6
- Dragonball Fighter Z
- Tekken 7
- BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
2909 Taylor St, Dallas, TX 75226, USA
• No wireless controllers!
• Turbo buttons are not allowed.
• Equipment issues will require a decision made solely by Texas Showdown directors.
• You must provide your own controller/joystick. Texas Showdown staff will not lend out any controllers/joysticks.
• Blind select is available by request.
• Programmable controllers and/or turbo functions are banned, and if a player is found using any such function will immediately forfeit the game.
• Gambling is not allowed in the tournament area.
• Cheating is not tolerated and will result in immediate ejection.
• Alcoholic beverages are not allowed unless you are in the restaurant area of the hotel.
• Taking a loss to manipulate brackets/pools is poor sportsmanship and will result in disqualification from the tournament.
• Anyone caught stealing Equipment from the event or possessions from another person will result in criminal prosecution.
• Anyone caught fighting will result in immediate ejection from the tournament and a ban from future tournaments.
The schedule is posted on the website, smash.gg page, and the appropriate thread, and will have a copy onsite. If you are in another event at the same time please let both bracket runners know. When your name is called, you have only five (5) minutes to report to your match. Failure to appear after those 5 minutes will result in a loss. Absolutely no exceptions! (An DQ or extension is also at the discretion of the lead Tournament Organizer)
Versus GamePlay Code of Conduct for Match Commentators Versus Gameplay likes to provide insightful commentary that reflects the content of the game being played while keep things lively and energetic for the audience listening. We are requiring all of our commentators to abide by a certain code of conduct in order to keep observations made on topic and reasonably clean. Versus Gameplay has the right, to remove a commentator off a game stream if we find their behavior to be offensive for any reason.
While commentating on an event the presenters must follow the following guidelines:
• Commentators shall state their full name or game handle at the beginning and end of their time on stream.
• Commentators shall exhibit a clear level of sobriety while presenting on a stream event.
• Commentators may not submit content that infringes upon the copyrights or other intellectual property of another person.
• Commentators may not say comments that degrade others based upon race, age, class, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference or disability.
• Commentators may not offer language that is obscene or vulgar, or promotes hate speech.
• Commentators may not slander another individual.
• Commentators may challenge any claims made in stories by providing referenced evidence.
• Commentators may give brusque opinions on contestant’s game play.
• Commentators may make suggestions for additional ways to cover a particular topic.
• Commentators may offer ideas to help resolve conflict.
• Commentators may speak your own views on a topic, but it’s best to support those views with the best possible game knowledge.
• Commentators may please try to stay on topic as much as possible.