GAUNTLET is a series of premiere tournaments hosted by Great Value Smash. This event, the fifth in the series, will feature Project M 3.6 Singles, Doubles and Draft Crews. Draft Crews will be capped at 48 entrants, so pre-register and be on time!
10:00 AM - Doors Open & Friendlies
10:15 AM - Registration Opens
11:00 AM - Doubles Tournament Starts
3:00 PM - Singles Tournament Starts
*Singles entrants will be split into two waves - players in Wave A will play their bracket first, while Wave B goes to lunch. Once Wave A is complete, they will go to lunch, and Wave B will play their bracket. Both waves will continue until there are four players left from each wave, creating Top 8. Seeds will be shuffled by Smash.gg before heading into Top 8, to attempt to avoid double jeopardy as much as possible. *
6:00PM - Singles Top 8 Starts
6:30PM - Draft Crews Tournament - Drafting Begins
Players will be subjectively seeded based on perceived skill level in comparison to the rest of the players present. Attempts will be made to prevent players from similar groups from facing each other early. Players are welcome to view and discuss seeding with the Tournament Organizer before the start of a tournament, but the Tournament Organizer will have the final call.
AttendeesView All 63 Attendees
52 Purnell Pl, Manchester, CT 06040, USA
There is a festival on Main Street, Manchester on this day, so try to avoid coming down Main Street. Spruce Street -> Birch Street -> Parking Lot is a much more viable entrance.
The image below is a local map of the area around the venue. Green means you can park in that area without issue. Red means you cannot park there. Yellow means "that is going to be a shitshow, I would advise a side street my friend".
If you are not present for your game 10 minutes after your game is called, you will be completely eliminated from the tournament. The tournament organizer (Great Value Smash) has the final say on all rulings and disputes. Project M Singles is double elimination. Project M Draft Crews is single elimination.
Draft Crews will be a single elimination tournament between crews that are drafted at the event.
PROJECT M GAME SETTINGS
STOCK CONTROL Crew (only for Draft Crews Tournament)
DAMAGE RATIO: 1.0
STAGE CHOICE: Choose
STOCK TIME LIMIT: 8 minutes
ITEMS: OFF and NONE
Singles: All sets are best of 3 until only 8 players are remaining, after which all sets will be best of 5.
SET FLOW (SINGLES)
- Players will both choose a character. Players may request a double blind pick from the Tournament Organizer.
- Players/Teams will play rock, paper, scissors. The winner gets port priority OR is allowed to strike a stage first.
- The player/team who is allowed to strike first will ban one stage from the STARTER STAGES list.
- The next player/team will strike two stages from the STARTER STAGES list.
- The first player/team will then be allowed to choose a stage for the first game.
- After the first game, the WINNING player/team may ban a total of two stages from the STARTER or COUNTERPICKER stage list.
- The LOSING player/team may then choose a stage to play on from the aforementioned lists for the second game.
- The WINNING player may then choose to their switch character.
- The LOSING player may then choose to their switch character.
- Steps 6 and 7 are repeated until the set is complete.
- The WINNING player/team must report the outcome of their game to the tournament organizer immediately after a result is determined.
STAGE CLAUSE: A player/team may not pick any stage they won on during that set.
DRAFT FLOW (PROJECT M DRAFT CREWS)
- The TO will assign up to 16 crew captains, and assign each crew a randomly generated seed. This seed will determine their order in the draft.
- The first captain will choose a player from the pool of registered player to be on their crew. This will continue, serpentine style, until each crew has an equal number of players, no greater than 3 players per team.
- Crews will then be given a random seed for the single elimination bracket.
SET FLOW (PROJECT M DRAFT CREWS)
- Each crew will select their first player to play the first game. The crews can request a double blind pick.
- The two players will play a singular game, following normal set procedure (see above) in Project M's CREW mode.
- The losing player's crew sends in their next player. The player from the losing crew may request a game of rock, paper, scissors in order to gain port priority. The player of the losing crew then chooses their character. The player from the winning crew will strike two stages, and the player from the losing crew will choose the stage to be played on.
- Players will repeat steps 2 through 3 until a crew has exhausted all of its members.
PROJECT M STARTER STAGES
Battlefield, Delfino’s Secret, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville, Green Hill Zone
PROJECT M COUNTERPICK STAGES
Final Destination, WarioLand, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland
SINGLES + DOUBLES
1st: 50% 2nd: 25% 3rd: 15% 4th: 10%
1st: 40% 2nd: 25% 3rd: 15% 4th: 10% 5th: 5%
1st: 40% 2nd: 20% 3rd: 15% 4th: 10% 5th: 5% 7th: 2.5%
1st: 40% 2nd: 20% 3rd: 10% 4th: 5% 5th: 3% 7th: 2.5% 9th: 2% 13th: 1.5%