PARAMOUNT THEATER TOP 8 INFO
Where: 2025 Broadway, Oakland 12 min walk or 19th st BART Parking across street in double decker lot
When: See graphic pg 3: bit.ly/2DFlhbN (stream) bit.ly/2mOh8eg (event)
How: Red lanyard or staff/vip/media badge gets you in Red wristband for Orch. Front + volunteers Seats available for $20 onsite
Genesis 5 is here and we've moved to Oakland!
Event Schedule - All times PST
Stream Schedule - All times PST
Badge pickup is available during these times:
Sunday at the Paramount Theater only 8am - 8pm
Yes, you can buy spectator or top 8 passes onsite! You can enter MvCi/SFV/Pokken/DDR entry at the door until 11am Saturday with a spectator pass. Door entry is $20 per event. 1-day (Fri OR Sat) spectator: $30 2-day (Fri AND Sat) spectator: $50 Top 8 at the Paramount Theater: $20
We will be using all ~60k square feet of the Oakland Convention Center floor, and have our top 8 finals at the beautiful Paramount Theatre in downtown Oakland!
This year at GENESIS 5 we'll have overnight venue & free-to-play arcade!
- No compendium level necessary!
- ~20 arcade game cabs on free play thanks to @na_gamesaru
- Got an arcade game you want to see? Let us know via twitter
Genesis is the Smash community's premier grassroots series, featuring Melee, Wii U, and SSB64. This year we're featuring 6 additional games:
- Rivals of Aether (singles and doubles) Friday/Saturday
- Splatoon Friday/Saturday
- MvCi ($1000 pot bonus!) Saturday only
- SFV Arcade Edition ($1000 pot bonus!) Saturday only
- Pokken Tournament DX Saturday only
- Dance Dance Revolution Extreme Saturday only
Events like G5 aren't possible without the help of volunteers from our great community to assist in running pools and other tasks. 6 hours of volunteering work will get you: -Free Volunteer T-Shirt (will be a different design than the standard G5 shirt) -Free Sunday Top 8 seating in a reserved section -More goodies/food/refreshments TBD Our volunteer leadership team is the helpful and friendly Josh Kassel, Chuck Vigus, and Valerie Wonderland. Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fuvjiy6UMhFNUrN_6eWVan4V7Kq-4m-jqndBuLp6LRc/
We are partnering with the Oakland City Center Marriott for G5, directly attached to the venue. We are glad to be able to offer rooms starting at $139!
- $60 for first 500 registrations which also includes a free G5 T-shirt.
- $70 for main registration period, until 12/4
- $80 for late registration, until Tuesday 12/26 11:59pm PST
- $100 for Emergency Registration, until Tuesday 01/02 11:59pm PST Competitor registration deadline has passed for Smash/RoA/Splatoon! MvCi, SFV, Pokken, and DDR registration available through 1/5 online, OR at the door for $10 extra. Spectator passes are available online through 1/16, or onsite at no extra cost.
Spectators or Saturday game entry:
- $50 for Friday/Saturday pass
- $30 for 1-day pass
NOTE: Your venue/spectator passes are separate from your tickets to the Paramount Theatre for Sunday Top 8 viewing; you may purchase them as an add-on during your registration. Purchasing a Top 8 viewing pass is not required to attend G5.
Sunday top 8 viewing:
- $20: Balcony & Orchestra Rear
- $40: Orchestra Front
Click here for a larger image of the balcony seating
Click here for a larger image of the orchestra seating
- $10/event, limit 4 events
We are happy to have Rivals of Aether back at G5! Splatoon 2 makes its Genesis debut! More games to be added still!
The closest airport to GENESIS 5 is Oakland (OAK). SFO is further but you can get to the venue on BART from either airport. SJC is not recommended.
Are you coming to G5 to cover the event for a website or an esports team? Please fill out our media pass request form! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YFDHw27Q82uBNFaGDYY9Zt4kOkU9vL7yZ9OshswDyFQ/
We'd like to welcome artists and merch vendors to come sell at G5! Artist Alley Lauren can be contacted at email@example.com or on twitter at @meowth. Apply here, deadline is Nov 27: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdp_ygH3-DaRt-km1dAhtHR9XcJLMxWvaDMCqMYfSRVQpU6A/viewform
550 10th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
FLYING IN: OAK is significantly closer than SFO but you can get to the venue via BART from either. SJC is not recommended.
BART: The venue is 2 blocks south of the 12 St. Oakland/City Center station
DRIVING/PARKING: Oakland Marriott valet/lobby/check-in is on the corner of 11th & Broadway, entrance to the parking garage is on the corner of 11th & Clay.