GLITCH 6 IS MLK WEEKEND! THAT MEANS NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY AND NO WORK FOR MANY PEOPLE!
Glitch 6 is getting an Ultimate upgrade! With 48 Nintendo Switch setups, you will be sure to see the unexpected and the unusual at every turn! Xanadu Games is back and bigger than ever! We will be extending our usual space at Xanadu Games out into a luxurious ballroom. On top of that we have created a main stage with a giant LED screen that will get you more hyped than ever! This event will go down in Smash Ultimate History and YOU can and should be a part of it!
What to look forward to
- Singles, Doubles, Squad Strike, & Morph-Meter Tournaments
- $20 Venue Fee for first 50 registrants
- Free Squad Strike entry fee for first 25 registrants (We will add you manually)
- 48 Ultimate Setups
- Awesome LED Wall and Main Stage!
- The Best commentary
- Top players from all over
- Fun and interesting Speed run brackets
- 3 Day MLK Weekend
- Bar and Food Court IN the Venue!
- 10,000 Square Foot Ballroom attached to venue if extra space is needed!
- Smash Ultimate Singles (1v1 3 stock, 6 minutes)
- Smash Ultimate Teams (2v2 3 stock, 6 minutes)
- Smash Ultimate Squad Strike (1v1 3 stock, 6 minutes)
- Smash Ultimate Morph-Meter (1v1 3 stock, 6 minutes)
What is Morph-Meter?
- All Stages on
- Stage Morph: on
- Smash Meter: on
More detailed rules coming soon.
- Spectator Registration: $20. (Covers both days)
- Competitor Registration (see below)
- $30 from 11/10-11/27
- $40 from 11/28-12/26
$50 from 12/27-1/12/19
Singles Entry Fee: $10
- Squad Strike Entry Fee: $5 (Free for first 25 people to register for Glitch 6! We will add you manually)
- Morph-Meter Fee: $5
- Doubles Entry Fee: $10 per person, or $20 per team.
- We are accepting refunds until January 12th, 2019. So, get the cheaper venue fee now even if you are unsure if you can make it yet! The event is MLK weekend so it's very likely you won't have school or work! :)
*Schedule [All Times EST] *
NOTE: Times are subject to change based on registrant/entrant count per event. Times will be finalized on January 13th.
- 10:00 AM: Xanadu Opens
- 11:00 AM: Singles and Doubles Pools start
- 11:00 AM: Squad Strike Singles Start
- 3:30 PM: Morph-Meter Singles Start
- 10:00 AM: Xanadu Opens
- 2:00 PM: Singles Bracket Starts
SpeedRun Brackets will be happening all throughout the day on Saturday - so stay tuned for more information!
Food & Drink
No outside food or drink is allowed in Xanadu Games or Laurel Park. You can however bring an empty water canister and fill it out the fountains to stay hydrated. The bar and food court also provide free water cups.
Laurel Park provides a variety of food, drinks, and alcohol.
Laurel Park has a guaranteed rate of 89$. So this is actually why I need to denote it here. The rates by default are cheaper than that, so if you book early you can get a better rate than offered to Laurel Park. If the rates go up however, you can call the hotel and tell them you're going to an event at Laurel Park. It is walking distance from the venue so you won't need travel arrangements.
AttendeesView All 233 Attendees
198 Laurel Race Track Road, Laurel, MD 20725, USA
Xanadu Games is located at the Grand Stand Entrance of Laurel Park:
All you have to do is go through these doors and make a left
You can get to Laurel Park from:
295, 29, 95, 32, 197, 198, & Route 1
So if there is traffic there is probably some way to get around it.
There are 4 entry ways INTO Laurel Park
Route 1 North
Route 1 South
Whiskey Bottom Road
198 is by far the best entrance.
The Route 1 entrances connect to each other and lead to a bumpy road. This road then leads to an underpass which goes under the Marc Train stop and brings you into Laurel Park right at the Grand Stand Entrance. You can check out the Laurel Park Map to get a better understanding
There are two places to park. A big lot and a small lot. The small lot is closer to Xanadu Games Grand Stand Entrance but there aren't a lot of spots Get there quick! You can check out the Laurel Park Map to get a better understanding
METRO AND BUSES
The Green Belt Metro is the only Metro that has a bus that drops off near Laurel Park. A Bus takes about 50 minutes and stops off at Town Centre Laurel every hour. This about half mile from Laurel Park.
You can use the Metro Trip Planner to figure out bus times. Buses stop running after 10PM on Weekday 6PM on Weekends and
The The Westbound Camden line of the Marc Train Stops off at Laurel Park 3 times during weekdays. It comes out right in front of the Xanadu Games Grand Stand Entrance. For more info Check out this site. There seem to be plans in the works to make it an official stop but that probably won't come to fruition for the next couple of years. There is also a much more active Marc Train about 15 minutes walking from the track called the "Laurel Train Station"
Laurel Park rarely ever closes. To stay up to date on when Xanadu Games will not be operating at normal hours make sure and join our Facebook Group which we update regularly.
There is a Sleep Inn in walking distance to the venue: 10127 Washington Blvd, Laurel, MD 20723. Currently, we do not have a hotel deal with them, but rooms are relatively cheap (<100 a night on the weekends.)
Airport wise we do still recommend flying into BWI as DCA and IAD are on the other side of the beltway completely and are not just further in mileage but are subject to much more traffic as well. But any of the 3 would be a viable option. It is about a 30 min ride from BWI to the venue and 60-90 mins from IAD and DCA.
Top 16 for singles is best of 5
Top 6 for doubles is best of 5
Top 3 for Squad-Strike/Morph-Meter is bo5
Morph Meter - Smash Meter on, starting stage will be a starter morph picked 1 by each party, CP will be 2 CPs morphed together picked by the counterpicker Squad Stirke - 3v3 Rules subject to change