Shine 2018 will be held at the Seaport World Trade Center. The 118,000 sqft venue overlooks the historic Boston harbor, and is just minutes away from the airport and downtown Boston!
[Attendee Event Info]
Shine badge pickup and onsite ticket sales will be open:
- Thursday: 6p-10p
- Friday: 9a-8p
- Saturday: 9a-8p
- Sunday: 9a-5p
Spectator passes ARE available at the door on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at $30/day and $60/weekend.
- Super Smash Bros. 64
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Super Smash Bros. Smash 4
- Rivals of Aether
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
- DRAGON BALL FighterZ
Click here to book your room at the Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center.
- Early bird 3-Day: $60 venue, price ends March 18th
- Regular 3-Day: $70 venue, price ends July 29th
- Late 3-Day: $80 venue, price ends August 12th
- $10 per person per game, singles and doubles
- $5 per person per game, crews
Sign up HERE to be a part of our amazing volunteer team!
Please note that all volunteers need to purchase a pass (competitor or spectator) to attend the tournament.
We look forward to seeing you this August!
AttendeesView All 1,764 Attendees
200 Seaport Blvd, Boston, MA 02210, USA
The MBTA Silver Line Waterfront (SL1) provides service from the WTC Station to Logan International Airport terminals every 10 minutes during the weekday and every 15 minutes during the weekend. The Silver Line station is located adjacent to the hotel.
Seaport Boston is about 3 miles from Logan Airport, one of several hotels near the Boston Convention Center and a quick ride away from all Boston attractions. Taxis are readily available from the lobby of our hotel.
This scenic way to travel is a great way to avoid traffic. Hop on the water taxi shuttle at your terminal and enjoy the ride. The stop for pick up and drop off is at the Seaport World Trade Center, directly across the street from the Seaport hotel.
SHINE 2018 RULESET
- Any tournament players that are not present when their match is called, without giving staff a valid reason for not being present, will have a period of five (5) minutes to report to their station with the required equipment. After the five minute period has expired, the player will be forced to forfeit their match.
- Anyone visibly intoxicated or otherwise under the influence will be immediately ejected from the tournament, and may be banned. Lack of cooperation may result in us contacting law enforcement.
- Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally under-performing, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
- There is to be no excessive stalling between games of a match. Extended breaks, consultations, or in any way delaying the match will result in a disqualification. The maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds.
- We have a zero tolerance policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, and other forms of thuggery. Any threat of violence, extreme intimidation, or actual violence of any kind will result in an immediate and lifetime ban.
- You will be immediately disqualified from the tournament with no refunds if you are found using an alternate name/tag and/or hiding your identity to manipulate the bracket/seeding. The only exception to this rule is if the player notifies a Tournament Organizer before prior to the registration end date.
- There will be no refunds issued barring extreme circumstances
Game Specific Rulesets
Smash4: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CFaeel_cVIImEZ7ZrIrb_fSva5H3tsN24yp2INyrVLE (Cloud is banned in Doubles)
Smash 64: https://smashgg-images.s3.amazonaws.com/images/tournament/47561/agreement-319989-099249ebb014b923a496750dd8635cdf.pdf See Section 4. All characters are allowed in any combination in Doubles
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition:
- Game Settings: Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, 2/3 Rounds, No Handicap
- Legacy Controller Mode is banned.
- Training Stage, Skies of Honor, Flamenco Tavern, and Kanzuki Beach stage are not tournament legal.
Dragon Ball FighterZ:
- Game Settings: 300 Seconds, Default Handicap, Default Damage