Featured Players: Lucky, The Moon, Duck, KJH, Hanky Panky, Drephen, 4%, TheRealThing
Commentators: MessiNYC, Apollo, Fendrick Lamar, Max Ketchum, Webs
We are moving our venue this year to the auxiliary gym in the Schottenstein Center. We want to see the top representation from the Midwest compete to see who is really the best!
- Limit of Two Singles events and Two Doubles events of the same game.
- $20 for 100 early birds; We will be giving away Twitch/Gunnars and tons of cool swag to the first 100!
- $25 for main registration until 3/17
- $30 for late registration until 3/29 at midnight
- $10 for spectator pass (2 days)
- Refunds for registration will be available until 3/17 at midnight
- Varsity Inn OSU South http://www.varsityinn.com/
- Red Roof Inn Plus https://www.redroof.com/property/Columbus/OH/43202/Hotels-close-to-Ohio-State-University/RRI121/
AttendeesView All 343 Attendees
555 Borror Dr, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Wii U: http://go.osu.edu/BqGS
- 4 stock
- 8 minute timer (optional for smash 64)
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it (unless for valid interruption at T.O's discretion).
- A match ending in simultaneous death does not go to the initiator. If the result is sudden death from this, use the normal tiebreaking rules (to follow) to determine the winner. Otherwise use who the game declared the winner.
- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick (Melee Only)
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- In the event of a game running to time, the winner is determined first by stocks, then % if the stocks are tied.
- Character selection
- Stage strike 1-2-1
- Play Game 1
- Winning player announces ban stage for the set.
- Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
- Winner of previous match chooses characters
- Loser of previous match chooses characters
- Play next game
- Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.
- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (no altering characters to look like master chief, no reversing the ice climbers colors, etc.)
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O's discretion.
- Melee Starter Stages:
Yoshi's Story Fountain of Dreams Battlefield Final Destination Dream Land 64
- Melee Counterpick stages (1 stage ban)
- 1st: 48%
- 2nd: 24%
- 3rd: 12%
- 4th: 8%
- 5th/5th: 4%
- 1st: 46%
- 2nd: 22%
- 3rd: 12%
- 4th: 8%
- 5th/5th: 4%
- 7th/7th: 2%